Campbell River Community Centre, Campbell River V9W 4G2
Email: email@example.com with questions concerns
FACILITY RENTALS: INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Liability and Insurance Requirements
The City of Campbell River requires Comprehensive General Liability Insurance from applicants requesting the use of Municipal Property where;
- Alcohol is to be served.
- The number of participants exceeds one hundred & fifty (150) persons.
- The planned activity is considered by the City to be a higher risk in nature and likely result in injury to the participants, guests, spectators, or other users of the property.
The Minimum Liability Insurance Requirements are:
Confirmation that the required insurance is currently in force must be submitted to the Recreation & Culture Department a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the event. The policy must include:
- The City of Campbell River and/or School District 72 is (are) to be listed on the policy as an additional insured.
- Cross Liability Clause/Severability of Interest.
- Comprehensive General Liability Policy of not less than $2,000,000 ($3,000,000 if alcohol is served). CGL protects against third party claims for bodily injury, death, or property damage.
- Property loss and property damage of not less than $1,000,000.
Cross Liability Defined
In the event of claims being made by reason of Personal Insurance and/or Property Damage suffered by one Insured herein for which another Insured herein is or may be liable, the Policy shall cover such Insured against whom a claim is made or may be made in the same manner as if separate policies had been issued to each Insured herein.
To apply for a Special Occasion Licence, please fill out the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and bring into the Community Centre at 401, 11th Avenue, Campbell River.
For rental information about Spirit Square, please visit www.spiritsquare.ca.