Curbside yard waste collection is about to start up again for fall, with weekly collection from Sept. 29 until Nov. 21.
Highlights of yard waste collection:
- Curbside collection is weekly, on the same day as residential garbage and recycling
- Unlimited amounts accepted
- Use bags labeled as biodegradable or compostable by the manufacturer
- Or place in rigid lidded containers clearly marked Yard Waste
- Maximum containers size: no larger than 80L each (maximum weight 20kg/44lbs)
- Tie branches and prunings in secure bundles measuring maximum 90cm (36”) long and 60cm (24”) wide
- Individual branches must not exceed 7.5cm (3”) in diameter
Residents can also take material to the free Yard Waste Drop-off Centre that is open year-round (Friday to Tuesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). The Yard Waste Drop-off Centre is located west of the Inland Highway off Willis Road, past the Shell Station.
The Campbell River Waste Management Centre also accepts leaves and grass clippings free of twigs for a $4 site access fee, and charges $65/tonne for all other yard waste and woody debris.