In addition to regular maintenance, the City's Roads Department builds new infrastructure. Keep up to date on past and future Roads Department construction in the City of Campbell River.
For the most up to date information projects, visit the Capital Improvement Projects page.
Work has commenced on the 2014 sidewalk infill program. This is an annual program that constructs sidewalks in high-use areas. For 2014, the sidewalk infill program has been focused within the Campbelton neighborhood at the following specific locations:
Sidewalk along Highway 19A from Walmart entrance to Dogwood Sidewalk only (placed behind existing curb). 14th Avenue from Petersen to ERT, (placed behind existing curb). Curb, gutter & sidewalk along 15th Avenue from Maple to Tamarac (north side). Curb, gutter & sidewalk along Spruce from 14th Avenue to Highway 19A (east side).
- New sidewalk on Penfield Road, Juniper Drive and Goodwin Road;
- New transit shelters along Alder Street;
- New bike racks throughout downtown;
- New street lights on Shoppers Row and Pier Street;
- New mini-parking bay by the Splash Park;
- New Accessible pedestrian signals at Dogwood Sreet / 2nd Avenue; and
- New flashing amber light crosswalks at Birch / Merecroft; Highway 19A / Colorado; Highway 19A / Westgate; and Pier Street / Robert Ostler Parking lot.
Projects planned for the future include:
- Installation of new sidewalks;
- Crosswalk improvements;
- Parking lot improvements;
- New transit shelters;
- New street lights; and
- Road overlays (asphalt repair).
For additional information about construction updates, please contact:
City of Campbell River Transportation Department at 250-286-5700 or email@example.com
Mailing Address: 301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7