The City regularly reviews parking regulations throughout the City, including downtown. Regulations are also reviewed if the City receives a request for a change.
Here is a list of recent parking changes:
- Robert Ostler Park: The "sides" of the parking lot have been switched. The east side (water side) is now 2 hour parking year round. The west side (street side) is now unlimited parking from October 1 to May 31 and 2 hour parking from June 1 to September 30. (December 2018)
- The east side of Cedar Street between 14th Avenue and 1341 Cedar Street: The 4 hour time limit has been removed. (December 2018)
Parking options and regulations in Campbell River include:
The “Traffic & Highways Regulation Bylaw” provides for a discount on parking violations only.
- If the fine is paid within 7 days of the violation, a $60 penalty is reduced to $15.
- If the fine is paid within 21 days of the violation, the penalty is reduced to $30.
- The "Handicapped Zone" violation penalty of $120 is reduced to $45 if paid within 7 days of the violation.
- If the fine is paid within 21 days of the violation, the penalty is reduced to $85.
Vehicles with five (5) or more unpaid/uncontested tickets may be towed.
How to Pay This Ticket
The specified penalty payment may be remitted online using Online Payments or in person at City Hall located at 301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC. Office hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. The office is closed on statutory holidays.
What Happens If I Don't Pay
A reminder letter will be sent to the Registered Owner of the vehicle within 30 days advising the fine remains unpaid. Failure to remit payment within another 30 days will be sent to collections and may result in a summons to appear in court.
How to Dispute This Ticket
You may dispute the notice by attending at the Court date noted in the summons that will be sent to the Registered Owner of the vehicle if the notice remains unpaid for longer than 30 days.
Driving Record or Insurance Premiums
City of Campbell River Bylaw Violation Notices will not affect your driving record or insurance premiums.
For information on Parking Enforcement and Violations, please contact:
City of Campbell River Bylaw Enforcement Department
Mailing address: 301 St. Ann’s Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
For information about Parking Regulations, please contact:
City of Campbell River Transportation Department
Mailing address: 301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7