"Each and every decision Council makes will be approached in a fiscally responsible manner that promotes prosperity and social, economic and environmental health for current and future generations.”
The focus statement for City Council’s 2015-2019 strategic plan builds on the work of past Council’s and sets priorities for this Council’s four-year term to guide the work of the City of Campbell River. The four priority areas of the strategic plan include: relationships, economic growth, livability and management and governance.
FOCUS ON RELATIONSHIPS
- WE RECOGNIZE OUR ROLE AS A REGIONAL HUB AND OFFER SERVICES TO NEIGHBOURING COMMUNITIES IN A MANNER THAT IS FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE AND SUSTAINABLE FOR OUR RESIDENTS.
- WE VALUE OUR FIRST NATIONS NEIGHBOURS AND SEEK ALIGNMENT AND OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK TOGETHER.
- WE UNDERSTAND THAT A COMMUNITY IS STRENGTHENED THROUGH DIVERSITY AND IS DEFINED BY HOW IT TREATS ITS MOST VULNERABLE.
FOCUS ON ECONOMIC GROWTH
- WE WILL ALIGN OUR INTERNAL PROCESSES IN SUPPORT OF ECONOMIC HEALTH WITHIN THE COMMUNITY.
- WE WANT A VIBRANT AND PROSPEROUS DOWNTOWN CORE.
- WE SUPPORT OUR TOURISM INDUSTRY IN ATTRACTING VISITORS AND BUSINESS TO THE CITY.
FOCUS ON LIVABILITY
- WE WILL ADDRESS COMMUNITY SAFETY ISSUES FOR TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE IN CAMPBELL RIVER.
- WE RECOGNIZE ACCESS TO RECREATIONAL AND CULTURAL AMENITIES AS KEY TO A HEALTHY, VIBRANT AND LIVABLE COMMUNITY.
- WE WILL ENSURE A MARINE AND RIVER WATERFRONT THAT IS OPEN AND ACCESSIBLE.
FOCUS ON MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE
- WE ACTIVELY SUPPORT A REGIONAL SOLUTION FOR MANAGEMENT AND REDUCTION OF SOLID WASTE.
- WE PLAN PROACTIVELY FOR THE LONG TERM COSTS OF MAINTAINING OUR CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE.
- WE VALUE COMMUNITY INPUT AND WILL BE DISCIPLINED IN DEFINING THE SCOPE OF ADVISORY GROUPS AND OTHERS