To reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, we have adjusted how we provide City services.
Questions? Concerns? Contact us!
Public health concerns on private property
Public health concerns regarding stores, restaurants and quarantines
CONTACT: Vancouver Island Health Authority
CITY FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
Commercial flights have resumed, terminal access for passengers only.
Passengers must wear a mask inside the terminal and during flights.
Pacific Coastal Airlines: 250-926-6690
Campbell River Airport (YBL website)
Finance Department open for financial transactions.
Inquiries about bus passes, garbage tags, dog licences
Property tax inquiries 250-286-5715
Proper taxes can be paid in-person or online on the City website
More information on property tax payment options at campbellriver.ca/property-taxes
City Hall general inquiries
Front counter services at RCMP remain closed except for employment Police Information Checks. (Please book in advance.)
A phone is available at the front of the detachment for police assistance.
Online crime reporting within Campbell River area where there are no witnesses or suspects is available at https://ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/campbellriver/en
In cases where there are no witnesses or suspects for:
- something lost or stolen (value less than $5,000)
- property or vehicle vandalism (damage less than $5,000
- driving complaint that is not in progress
Find more information at: www.campbellriver.ca/city-services/public-safety
Public washrooms, hand washing, drinking water
Hand washing stations
Downtown fire hall
Drinking water station
NOTICE: BC Transit, in alignment with Translink and other transportation agencies, will be proceeding with mandatory use of face coverings on buses in BC Transit communities across the Province as of August 24.
- Buses tickets and passes can purchased at City Hall, in the Finance Department
- Schedule information can be found at www.bctransit.com/campbell-river
- Passengers: maintain appropriate physical distance, enter and pay fair at the front door and exit by the rear door of the bus (unless you have mobility challenges)
Downtown parking patrols
begin again Monday, June 29
When the COVID-19 pandemic closed many downtown stores and services, the City temporarily stopped parking enforcement.
In consultation with the Downtown Business Improvement Association, the City will re-establish parking patrols.
Enforcing parking time limits supports Campbell River’s businesses by ensuring parking stalls are routinely available to customers.
The City will allow a grace period of an extra half hour in addition to posted time limits in recognition that customers may need more time because businesses may be limiting access and service can be slower due to physical distancing required to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
GARBAGE, RECYCLE AND YARD WASTE
- Garbage, recycle and yard waste collected as scheduled
- Garbage tags can be purchased at City Hall in the Finance Department
- Open regular hours, for those without curbside pick-up
- Yard and essential waste only
- Limited access to drop-off stalls and recycle depot
- No cash will be accepted, payment by credit or debit card only
- Please expect delays
Island Return it
Sportsplex Community Recycle Bins
- Open. Please use if absolutely necessary.
Yard Waste Drop-off Centre
- The Yard waste drop-off site is currently closed while the contractor finds a new site. You can drop-off unlimited amounts of grass and leaves (no chipping required) at the landfill for free, however if you do have any sticks or items that require chipping you will be charged. City of Campbell River residents continue to have unlimited curbside pick-up.
NOTICE: August 7, 2020
Temporary Sportsplex Closure
The Sportsplex gym floor is currently being replaced and will soon be at the line painting and floor finishing stage. To ensure everyone’s safety from any off gassing from the finishing product that will be applied to the floor, the Sportsplex will be closed temporarily from August 31 to September 13, inclusive.
The weight room will re-open Monday, September 14.
Unlimited pass holders who have a valid pass dated August 31 onwards will be given an extension of one (1) month on their pass.
10 punch card holders will not be affected as the punches do not expire and are not time sensitive.
For any questions please contact email@example.com
Follow us, we’re gradually—and carefully—re-opening limited access to some facilities and adapting programs! Check out our fitness, cooking and play group sessions.
Facebook: Recreation and Culture Department, City of Campbell River
Instagram: City of Campbell River
Website: City of Campbell River recreation and culture
- The weight room is open
- Fitness classes have moved outside
To participate in a class or use the weight room, you must book your spot for each class in advance.
To book a class space
- Go to campbellriver.ca/online-registration and create an account if you haven’t already
- Select Schedule
- Choose the activity
- Book your spot
The Outdoor Pool
Will not open this summer.
BUILDING, PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
The City of Campbell River has adjusted its practices to safely and efficiently provide services and to keep local builders and developers updated on any changes to our ability to process applications.
HOURS: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
UPDATES AND BULLETINS: www.campbellriver.ca/building-bulletins
MORE INFORMATION: www.campbellriver.ca/covid19/small-business-resources
SPECIAL COUNCIL MEETINGS