The purpose of the Tourism Advisory Committee is to provide policy advice and recommendations to Council to deliver the community's tourism vision and make Campbell River a destination of choice.
The Committee will focus on:
- Destination marketing in target markets to increase the number of overnight stays in paid accommodation.
- Visitor servicing that provides information where/when/how visitors prefer to support longer stays and increased spending, plus education and training to help Campbell River deliver remarkable visitor experiences.
- Destination development by working with partners to ensure tourism knowledge and expertise and the visitor perspective is considered in all significant local projects/ventures.
- Sukhy Bains
- Clint Buchholz
- Paul Dowler
- Harley Elias
- Andrew MacMillan
- Erin Neely
- Wayne Nikolaisen
- Tom Olsen
- Jonathon Shead
NON-VOTING LIAISON MEMBERS
- Bev Herperger representing the Campbell River Chamber of Commerce
- Councillor Colleen Evans representing the City of Campbell River
- One individual representing the 4 following organizations: Campbellton Neighbourhood Association, Downtown Heart of the City BIA, Pier St. Association, Willow Point BIA
Rose Klukas Staff Liaison (250) 286-5738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Baxandall, Recording Secretary (250) 286-5769 or email email@example.com
Meeting schedule to be determined
Application for Appointment to Tourism Advisory Committee (fillable form)
Note: The fillable application form can be submitted electronically, but is only compatible with Internet Explorer. Those using browsers such as Google Chrome or Safari, will have to remit the form by regular means.