The project will see upgrades extended along a 1km stretch of Highway 19A, from Big Rock Boat Ramp to Rockland Road – both improving services and the beautification of our city’s waterfront. The work includes significant improvements both above- and under- ground, including the reconstruction of sewer and water mains, installation of storm drains, a widened roadway, curb and gutter, sidewalk, seawalk, streetlights, enhanced park spaces, and installation of underground electrical utilities.
Thank you to all who contributed feedback during consultation on the centre design feature – the Tidal Pool concept was selected as the preferred, and will now go into a further design stage. See here to learn more about roundabouts.
These improvements are part of the Waterfront Project 2018-2020. For updates about other construction making up this project in 2020, visit the Waterfront Sewer webpage http://campbellriver.ca/city-services/capital-improvement-projects/current-projects/waterfront-sewer-forcemain
This project is supported by the Government of Canada and Province of BC’s New Building Canada - Small Communities Fund, which awarded $6.43 million for the upgrades work. Read the news release about that announcement here...
- Jun 26,2020: Pop-Up info booth for Hwy19A project proves popular June 2020
- Jun 11, 2020: Keep current – at a safe distance: City hosts outdoor info booth for Highway 19A project
- Apr 9, 2020: Hwy 19a Construction to Restart – Safety Measures in Place to Protect From COVID-19
- Mar 2, 2020: Rockland Road Roundabout to Feature Tidal Pool - Open House March 16
- Feb 10, 2020: 2020 Waterfront Project construction kick-off open house - Feb 2020
- Oct 21, 2019: Have your say on new Rockland Road roundabout centre design, starting Nov. 5
- Sep 26, 2019: Highway 19A construction wraps for fall – work related to archeological find to take place over fall and winter
- May 10, 2019: Work on waterfront project phase 2 starts mid-May
- Feb 14, 2019: March open house outlines summer construction plan Feb-19
Getting Around During Construction
Work along the highway is now underway. Expect delays and intermittent single-lane alternating traffic. Closure notices will be posted here.
See the Alternate Routes Map
To sign up for email updates, please email email@example.com
Follow along with current project updates and milestones. more...